Friday, February 25, 2011

Drink This... Not This...

So at a recent party with some friends, one busted out the book "Eat This, Not This." It is funny how somethings that you think are good for you aren't exactly what you would think. Juice has so much sugar, frozen "healthy" meals have soooo much sodium.... etc. It is no wonder weight is an issue for many. You eat this stuff that is cheaper and easier and says "good for you", but yet it isn't. Wouldn't it be easy to have a drive through that you pull up and can order grilled chicken, asparagus, and cous cous instead of having your options being nasty processed foods. Why can't eating healthy be easy, why can't it be cheaper? Questions that will probably forever plague my mind. I have had a lot of inquires about the diet portion of my weight loss. What I eat? What kinda plan do I have? So here I am to tell!
The Schedule:
So I decided when I began this thing that I would not feel starved at all. I LOVE food. So I began with 5 meals a day. I am single so it is just me, and I keep an on the go schedule, so I being planned out helped me a ton. Breakfast I ate as soon as I wake up. Snack at 10. Lunch at 12:30/1. Snack at 3:30/4. Dinner at 7ish.
The Foooooood:
So like I said I am a planner. I try to stick with things that I know are do-able and are pretty cheap. Kashi cereal/ soy milk, berries, yogurt, salad, black beans, avacado, fish, VEGETABLES, cous cous, grilled chicken, FRUIT... mainly non-processed foods and lots of veggies... LOTS.
Also, WATER WATER WATER. I drink no soda, so I don't know how things work with diet cola. I mainly stick with water or unsweetened teas like green tea/ passion tea.
I'm not perfect by any means... I have the hardest time drinking water. So I have to tell myself to
DRINK THIS...
NOT THIS.













I am a Starbucks Addict, which hurts my wallet more than my health I believe. Ha! I realized the other day that I drank nothing but coffee the whole day... It's a struggle, but I haven't had coffee today at all, so maybe I'm getting passed it. Doubt it.

One thing that I can tell you is that my social life hasn't suffered much at all. I do still eat out quite a bit with friends and believe me it is not that hard to find alternatives. I always check the menu ahead of time that way once I go in I don't stare at the deliciously bad for me stuff that I want, I already have my mind made up and I am good to go! If you find that the place you are going doesn't have much options don't be afraid to suggest a different place.
The beauty of it is that if you screw up you can always start over! Maybe spend a little extra time at the gym, or go for an extra walk... you can always redeem yourself. Don't give up! You can totally achieve your goals!

Side Note: I am totally listening to Adele like it is my job and if you don't know her you should. I got turned on to her before her first album "19" came out and I fell in love with her voice. Now she has just come back with her sophomore album "21" and here is her performing my favorite song thus far from that album... Enjoy.

1 comment: